Depending on how much “heat” you want, boil the Rocoto Peppers in from 1-3 separate salted water and vinegar baths for about 3-5 minutes each time. Taste the Rocoto after each bath to see how mild you have made them. After three baths, generally the Rocoto Peppers are very soft and virtually without any of their former spiciness. Vinegar retards the peppers from too soft too fast.
Sign up for our Peru Travel Newsletter!
- Rocoto Relleno, Best Stuffed Red Pepper Recipe
- Fast Food and Peru
- The Cost of Groceries in Peru
- Peru Maintains Lead: World Top Culinary Destination and More!
- Growing and Brewing Coffee in Peru
- Mushroom Chard Saltado Linguine with Huancaina Sauce
- Avocado Ice-cream Recipe
- Oven Roasting Green Coffee Beans at Home, Easily!
- The Amazing Seedless, Single Serving Avocado
- Peruvian Salsa Macha
- Gringo-Peruvian Potato Salad
- “Feria Dominical” Huancayo Sunday Outdoor Market
- Lomo Saltado
- Beautiful Huancayo, Peru
- Lucuma Ice-cream Recipe
- “Papas a la Huancaína” History and Recipe
- Lucuma Cake Recipe
- Cheap Airfare Not Always a Scam